The following features are new or updated in ENGAGEcx Release 5 (R5) Fall '14:
Customer Journey and JourneyScaping
R5 introduces "JourneyScaping," which allows companies to capture and consolidate customer touch points, spanning digital and physical, into a single measurable journey. Key elements include:
- Associate view of the Customer Journey, with
- The consumer's events on a Timeline, organized by engage life cycle stage
- Visual separation of influencing and key buying events
- At-a-glance summaries of the consumer's recent event volume, affinity and ready-to-buy ratings
- Administrative Modeling to digitize the Customer Journey
- Foundational concepts of engage life cycle stages, life cycle models and consumer measurement ratings, incorporated into ENGAGEcx's channel infrastructure
- Administrative ability to configure and evolve customer journeys in line with channels
- Analytics to measure and improve on customer journeys by microsegment
Big Data Infrastructure
R5 also introduces our new, accessible Big Data infrastructure that captures, organizes and enhances data where the customer journey begins: at the customer engagement. As customers engage via ENGAGEcx, their transactions are streamed into a distinct, 'near-time' data environment that provides familiar tools to access possible petabyte scale data stores. Key elements include:
- High-performance analytics datastores, housed on Amazon Redshift. Each organization has its own analytic datastores.
- Analytic data streaming services that transfer and transform data from ENGAGEcx's operational infrastructure to its analytics environment
- Optional external data streaming services that transfer and transform data to an SQS queue, enabling our customers to provide information to downstream systems
Reporting and Analytics
With its new Big Data infrastructure, R5 introduces a rich set of dashboards and analytic reports that allow associates, managers and executives to measure and improve their customers' experience. Highlights include the following:
- 20+ seeded reports, charts and dashboards
- The R4 set of detailed, personalizable Individual and Event analysis reports remain available, but since they now run against the analytic infrastructure, they have no impact on operations, and can be used on larger datasets
- Ability to configure which attributes and measures are desired for standard Chart Grid and Dashboard reports
- Several User interface improvements were made:
- Improved design of the main individual information page
- Responsive design of the main individual information page to better support mobile devices
- Improved design of the search, merge, and preview sections of the main individual information page
- Updated push notification in mobile app:
- R5 adds support for push notifications to mobile devices when email, voicemail, custom live, and custom non-live interactions are routed to the associate. Previous releases only sent push notifications to mobile devices for click-to-callback and chat interactions
- Associates can choose to receive push notifications for non-live interactions through the profile page in ENGAGEcx
- The Channel list page has been reorganized to manage more channels easily. In a tabular form, administrators can now search, sort and filter channels, as well as easily assess usage.
- Channels are categorized now as test or production to support implementation life cycle requirements.
- Channel Maintenance has more controls and safeguards. The administrator can now specify which APIs are "on" for a channel and manage which Media can be used. Also, Channels now automatically contain a default Delivery Pattern to simplify configuration and avoid misconfiguration.
- Associate's pictures can now be captured for display on the Customer Journey.
- Administrators now have a link to their Billing Portal, where they can view previous and current invoices, and manage their Billing contact information.
APIs and Integration
New Inbound Event (Contact Us) API Functions
- Get Content: R5 adds a new channel type called Content Only, and an associated 'getContent' function in the Contact Us API. Content Only channels can be used to present content to web visitors based on individual information stored in ENGAGEcx. For example, you might display different web content to visitors based on the persona value stored in ENGAGEcx. Content Only channels can be used by calling the new getContent function in the Contact Us API. Depending on the channel configuration, getContent can return HTML, JSON, or plain text. Individual field values can be included in the response as well.
Other Inbound Event (Contact Us) API Updates
- Two new parameters are available in the Contact Us API initialization function:
- callback: a function to call after initialization of the Contact Us API is complete. The callback parameter is especially useful for sending an Action through the Contact Us API when a web visitor accesses a particular web page
- cu_templates : a location to load templates for the ENGAGEcx Drawer user interface elements instead of using the default user interface elements
- In order to better support customers who wish to submit actions and interactions from external systems without using a web browser, the Contact Us API now supports submitting events without including a cookie header
- ENGAGEcx now uses a shared file structure for certain kinds of files, such as images, to enable flexibility in server deployment and load leveling
- When individuals are merged, we retain a snapshot of the original individual, just in case...
- Improved the performance of identifying the individual on an incoming event
- Introduced a data type called 'Rank' for consistency in field behavior in event management and analytics
Bug Fixes - R5
A number of bugs were addressed. Some key ones are as follows:
- Customer-facing: Drawer Phone fields now support data entry in E.164 format (e.g. +1 4047968200).
- Customer-facing: In some cases, individuals initiating click-to-callback or voicemail interactions would see Unknown Number displayed on their phone rather than the configured Caller ID value specified in the organization configuration. Calls to individuals will now reflect the configured Caller ID value.
- Associate Apps: Phone numbers in certain views were not displayed in consistent + (aaa) nnn-nnnn format. Now they are.
- Associate Apps: Search field labels used by associates to find an individual within the context of an interaction now reflect any customized field labels configured in Engage Process.
- Reports: The caption on subreports within Individual and Event Details used to get lost after saving settings. It is now retained.
- Reports: In the Individual and Event Detail reports, a user could create a duplicate group column under certain circumstances. He now receives an error message and is prevented from doing so.
- User Management: Under certain circumstances, the User ID appeared to be editable. User ID is not an editable field; the UI was corrected.
- Twitter Listener: Under certain circumstances when the administrator revokes the Twitter authentication, and then authorizes again with a different Twitter user id, the twitter listener retained the original authentication. The listener now appropriately updates to the new authentication.
- Channel Management: Delivery Pattern Timeout Settings were disabled inappropriately for Media Types = Custom Live and Custom Non Live. They are enabled correctly now.
Feel free to contact us if you have questions about a specific bug not listed here.